Khalid Hasan is an Associate Attorney at Lucas & Cardenas, P.C. As a trial lawyer, Mr. Hasan represents individuals and their families in complex and catastrophic personal injury and negligence cases, arising from medical malpractice, construction and workplace injuries, wrongful death, trucking and automobile collisions, birth injuries, and various other injury and negligence cases. Prior to joining Lucas & Cardenas, P.C., Mr. Hasan practiced in the areas of personal injury, civil rights, and police brutality.
Mr. Hasan received his Juris Doctorate and a certificate in Litigation Alternative Dispute Resolution* from IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law in 2015. Mr. Hasan is licensed to practice law in Illinois and the Northern District of Illinois. As a law student, he was the Diversity Chair for Phi Alpha Delta Fraternity and was named to the Dean’s List. Mr. Hasan earned his 711 license and gained valuable litigation experience volunteering with Richard Kling at the Chicago-Kent Criminal Litigation Clinic and the City of Chicago Department of Law. In addition to his coursework, Mr. Hasan completed an externship for the Honorable Judge Michael R. Panter (Ret.) in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Law Division.
Mr. Hasan has co-authored multiple articles published in the Illinois Bar Journal regarding the use of social media in the courtroom and the impact it has on litigation. He co-presented CLEs regarding the use of social media evidence in the courtroom and how to obtain such evidence.
Outside the courtroom, Mr. Hasan participates in many professional and charitable organizations. Mr. Hasan is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association, South Asian Bar Association, and Illinois Trial Lawyer Association. He volunteers his time as a trial coach, for the Niles West High School Mock Trial Team, and is an active member on the Junior Executive Board for the Chicago Lighthouse.
Working alongside Katherine Cardenas, founding partner of Lucas & Cardenas, Mr. Hasan has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of those who have been harmed as a result of wrongful conduct.
- Illinois, 2015
- Northern District of Illinois, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Chicago Bar Association (CBA)
- South Asian Bar Association (SABA)
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA)
- Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, May 2015
- Juris Doctorate
- Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, May 2012
- Political Science, B.A., cum laude
- Certificate in Litigation Alternative Dispute Resolution*
- Phi Alpha Delta (Law Fraternity) – IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Phi Sigma Alpha (Political Science Honors Society) – Arizona State University
- Theta Chi – Arizona State University
- Illinois Bar Journal, Getting Access to Social Media Evidence, December 2017.
- Illinois Bar Journal, Ethics and Social Media, August 2017.
- Illinois Bar Journal, The Admissibility of Social Media Evidence in Illinois, January 2017.
Speaking Engagements & Legal Presentations
- Co-Speaker, “Obtaining and Using Social Media Evidence at Trial,” CLE, Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), November 17, 2017.
- Co-Speaker, “Use of Social Media Evidence in Civil and Criminal cases,” CLE, Illinois Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission (ARDC), May 3, 2017.